Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Notes

**You need to be somewhat versed in Linux for any of these mods.

**You need to have full shell access to use any of my tidbits here, whether this is by developer mode (which is what I did), or some other method you come up with.

While I could go and dual-boot the cr-48 into Ubuntu, I picked to leave the Chrome OS, and modify it to make it more shell friendly.


**You also need to make the root partition writable, and turn off boot verification.

sudo /usr/share/vboot/bin/make_dev_ssd --remove_rootfs_verification
sudo reboot

Then:

sudo mount -o remount,rw /
sudo mount -o remount,exec /mnt/stateful_partition

You will also need to re-run these commands after every reboot, so you may want to stick them in a shell script.


I'd like to get a full build system on it, but I'm not sure if that's possible yet.

I'm also working on getting java and acrobat support into the browser.

1 comment:

  1. The current usage is "make_dev_ssd.sh --remove_rootfs_verification --partitions 4". Found it from here: https://sites.google.com/site/cr48ite/getting-technical/remove-rootfs-verification-make-read-write

    ReplyDelete