Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Installing Locate

Installing Locate
**You need to follow the instructions in the Notes post first, to make the partitions writeable

I'm only going to give you the simple method for this one, as it has many files that need to be put in different directories

Open up a shell on the cr-48, and
sudo su
wget http://www.calliesfarm.com/chromeos/locate.tar.gz
mv locate.tar.gz /
cd /
tar -zxvf locate.tar.gz
rm -rf locate.tar.gz
after it's installed, you should be able to run
updatedb
to populate the database, and it should add a cron job to auto update the db daily

2 comments:

  1. "can not find group locate" when I try to run updatedb so I did groupadd locate and it worked after that. Just to note what I had to do. I'm on the latest dev build as of today.

    ReplyDelete